As this topic ‘Evaluation of Couple Seeking Fertility’ is a vast topic and we want to bring understanding to this topic in as simple a language as possible such that it can be easily understood by everyone,we are starting an article series. The introductory article will give you a glimpse about how will we go about it.
-Infertility is defined as the inability to conceive after 1 year of unprotected intercourse of reasonable frequency.
– it can be subdivided into primary infertility, that is no prior pregnancies and secondary infertility referring to infertility following at least one prior conception.
– We will look into the definition of fecundability and population studies and its relation to age.
-We will discuss when should we consider investigations in a couple.
– We will have a discussion on etiology
– that is causative factors, both male and female leading to infertility.
– Medical History taking of both partners will be discussed that will include medical, surgical, medication and social aspects.
-Importance of physical examination will be explained.
-There are certain tests which determine specific causes of infertility like-
– Ovulation studies
-Tubal and pelvic factors
-Uterine abnormalities and
We will have a discussion on these factors
-We will have a separate discussion on normal and abnormal production of sperms and its evaluation.
-So, friends you do get an idea of what all things we will cover under this topic ‘Evaluation of Couple Seeking Fertility’
-In next update of article of this series we will take one of the above listed topics and bring more clarity on that -Keep a watch on this article itself as a dated update will arrive soon.