Stress In PCOS and its Effects on Fertility Potential.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) or PCOD (Polycystic ovarian disorder) is a clinical situation of hormonal imbalance in young women of reproductive age group.
Its primary clinical presentation is menstrual irregularity and non- ovulation.
PCOS in general and its effect on ovulation can impair fertility.
Let us look at how stress in PCOS affects fertility.
Why PCOS causes Stress?
– Difficulty in conceiving
– Constant reminder from doctor and relatives for lifestyle modifications
– Inability to find time and energy for exercising
– Food habits- very difficult to change and adapt
How does Stress Affect Fertility?
Chronic Stress Of Anovulation And Irregular Menses
– Family Support
– Junk Food
Leads to Release of Stress related hormones:-
Inhibits release of Gonadotrophins hormones from Pituitary gland-
Leads to less secretion of sex hormones
Further Leads to:-
– Less ovulation
– Poor Quality Ova
– Poor Libido
WAYS TO OVERCOME STRESS:-
-Art and Craft creativities
– Foot reflexology
– Spa and Massage
– Subconscious Mind Training
– Visualization Techniques
– Attitude of Gratitude
– Break from Therapy for a few months
– Pharmacotherapy –medicinal support
WILL REDUCED STRESS IMPROVE FERTILITY POTENTIAL?
– It is Scientifically proven fact that women who are relaxed and calm during the fertility treatment period stand higher chance of successful outcome.
– A mind full of positive energy will aid body in healing faster